I confess that I have not been following this pregnancy as closely as I followed my first. I guess that's probably common in second pregnancies, but it occurred to me today that I don't even really know what's going on with Pink Floyd. So here's a little excerpt from my babycenter.com updates for your reading pleasure:
Turn on the radio and sway to the music. With her sense of movement well developed by now, your baby can feel you dance. And now that she's more than 11 inches long and weighs just over a pound (about as much as a large mango), you may be able to see her squirm underneath your clothes. Blood vessels in her lungs are developing to prepare for breathing, and the sounds that your baby's increasingly keen ears pick up are preparing her for entry into the outside world. Loud noises that become familiar now — such as your dog barking or the roar of the vacuum cleaner — probably won't faze her when she hears them outside the womb.
I've finally started showing a little and don't feel as silly wearing some maternity clothes now. I'll have to get Alan to take that first belly photo so you all can see it. "What to Expect when You're Expecting" says most belly buttons begin to pop by now, but if you followed my first pregnancy then you know my "belly b" never did pop and, frankly, I'm not expecting it to this time either considering it got a little stretch with #1 ;-).
I've decided to also look into The Bradley Method of birthing. I doubt we'll take a class (they're 12 weeks long and pretty pricey, not to mention we have already done this once before, even completely au naturale :), but I would like to get Dr. Bradley's book. I've read some reviews that said the book helped more than the classes even, so I'm excited about it. We'll likely be having our daughter in a birthing center this time around, too, and I think Bradley fits a little better with that atmosphere.
So that's the latest on the baby front. Well, all of that and it struck me today that we actually will have to name this kiddo. Hmm, should probably consider looking into that :).
More soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment