Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, December 5, 2008

Brilliant

So this week I discovered two incredibly brilliant things:

1. A bowl of vinegar will disarm any smell in any room. Really. It's amazing. Why on earth have I ever gone out and spent money on air fresheners that simply mask the smell with "ocean breeze" or "fresh linen" (which doesn't smell anything at all like fresh linen by the way) when all I needed to do to neutralize odors was put out a tiny bowl of vinegar? A bowl 3/4 full has been sitting in Adeline's room for the last few days and you wouldn't even know there's a trash can full of poopy diapers in there. Actually, it was minutes before it started to neutralize the odors. Really. It's amazing.

2. Whoever works in the baby department for the Method company must be the most brilliant person on the face of this earth. The other day while perusing the Happiest Place on Earth (aka Target) Adeline and I were shopping for some diaper rash cream. Sure enough, sitting there on the shelf amongst all the tubes and tubs of various things that have or have not worked over the last year and a half of her life was this:
It's a pump!! I can't tell you how many times I've gotten diaper rash cream EVERYWHERE in the process of only trying to get it on nothing but one of my fingers and one little tushie thanks to those flip-top or screw-on caps. Maybe I'm just diaper rash cream challenged, but this seemed like the most brilliant invention ever for mommiehood. Putting cream on Adeline's little tushie has never been simpler or tidier. I seriously bought this cream the second I saw it just because of the pump! It was an extra plus that it's all natural and works GREAT! Very exciting. I highly recommend it :).


That's all.

1 comment:

Wyndi said...

Hmm...that is a good idea! I always squeeze too much~ Good tip! :) Hope you are doing well in MI! Can't wait to hear if Floyd is really a Floyd or a Floya (I actually have a girl named that in my class!) :)