This seems to have been a fairly big week for us.
First of all, Adeline woke up from her nap on Wednesday afternoon with a 103.9 temperature. Thursday it had gone down to 102.9, but obviously still very high. We called the nurse on call at her pediatrician's office and she advised that other than keeping her comfortable for the time being there was nothing we could really do. The doc wouldn't see her till she's had a temp for 3 days. Friday morning she woke up and it was still hovering around 102.5. We called the nurse back and she made an appointment for us to come in. The complication was that yesterday there was a huge snowstorm. The roads were terrible. There was so much snow piled in them. It looked like a plow hadn't touched them and our little sedan was not built for it! We managed to get there safely thanks to some brilliant driving by Alan. We're glad we made the trip because although her fever had gone down to about 100 degrees by the time we got to the doctor, it turns out she has strep throat. Apparently this isn't too common in kiddos her age, and we're hoping that she doesn't end up prone to throat infections. She's now on antibiotics and sleeping a lot - can't really get her to eat much but the doc wasn't too concerned about that as long as she stays hydrated. By the end of the day today she'll no longer be contagious - Alan and I are hoping not to get it - but she'll be on the meds for 10 full days.
In other news, the appointment with my midwife on Tuesday went well. I met a new midwife, Mary, and she is so sweet. We talked about the birthing center in Southfield and short of taking a tour to make sure it's definitely what we want to do I am sold on it. She has opted not to change my due date even though I've been measuring small since day one, so I've adjusted the ticker above to reflect a May 2nd due date. I doubt she'll come that early, though, and the midwife said that should I come to 42 weeks gestation she would take into consideration the possible early estimation of the due date. All that means is that they may not make me induce and/or may still allow me to give birth in the birthing center instead of the hospital should I still be pregnant on May 16th.
A request has been made for a belly pic ;-) -- still not much belly to show given that I lost 15 pounds again this time and am measuring almost two weeks small. Most people have no idea that I'm nearly 5 months pregnant. More than halfway - I can't believe it! We'll get around to the belly pics soon though I'm sure :).
That's all the news for now I think. We head west to Holland next week to be with my family for Christmas and New Year's. It's so unbelievably nice not to have to travel this year. For those of you whom we will miss dearly in California we're planning a trip - our whole family of FOUR! - out next August. We'll keep you posted on that.
Much love to you all and Merry Christmas,
Meredith
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment