Okay, so maybe it's not nice to call my future child a brick and in so doing imply my current child is a brick, but I wanted to be true to the lyric. In all truth possibly the title of this post should be, "Another Girl in the Family"... but I don't think Pink Floyd wrote that song. Have you caught on yet??
IT'S A GIRL! :)
Yes we are indeed expecting girl #2 which is granddaughter #5 for my folks. Alan said at the ultrasound, "What does it take to get a boy around here?!?" We, of course, are thrilled to be expecting a little girl and Adeline no doubt will love having a little sister (she will someday, right Megan??? ;-)
We got some great ultrasound pictures and I hope to be able to scan and upload them soon. Our newest little addition is absolutely beautiful like her sister - I can tell already :) - kicks up a storm and is not shy! She was very active during the ultrasound too so it was fun to watch her move and roll around.
I am measuring about 13 days small. At my early ultrasound I was measuring 5 days small. Neither of these amounts, however, is enough for them to change my due date, so it will remain May 2 according to them, but I will keep it at May 8 according to me :). Alan is still not permitted to schedule ANYTHING from the end of April to mid-May :).
In other news... Adeline grows cuter everyday, if you can imagine. Everyday brings new words and new discoveries. She continues her love affair with Pooh and shouts "Piglet!" every time he comes on the screen and when we see his picture in our Winnie the Pooh book. She really has come to love both Piglet and Pooh, but will also say "Eeyore" and "Owl", although I'm probably the only one on the planet who actually understands what she's saying :). I'm Mommie. It's my job.
She's also becoming exceedingly fond of Elmo. She can't wait to run and get her diapers changed several times a day because Elmo is all over her diapers. "Elmo! Elmo!" When we're walking through Target and she spots Elmo Live I have to push the little button on his foot multiple times - "Elmo wants to tell you that Elmo loves you very much. Mm-hm. Kiss kiss! Mwa! Mwa!" She gets a kick out of it every time. She also really likes the Christmas section in Target with all the lights. "Ooh!" When Daddy was putting up our Christmas tree every time he would plug in a new set of lights Adeline would squeal "Ooh!" with delight. So adorable.
On the down side she is definitely teething right now. It looks like tooth #13 is giving her more trouble than any other tooth so far. She can be pretty cranky and chews on her fingers and just about everything else, too.
I think that's about all the updating I have for now. I have been taking lots of pictures of Adeline lately and hope to get a chance to upload them soon. Check back :).
With love,
Meredith for The Conrows
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Congrats! And just so you know, Lillian put up a little more fuss for tooth #13 too, but #14 came much easier :)
Yay for girls!! :)Congratulations!
Congratulations! WElcome to the sister club! Too bad we don't live closer. Jason predicts that we will end up with three girls total. -Rhiannon
Yay for girls! ...so exciting!
Post a Comment