Today was my final midwife visit associated with my care for carrying and birthing Evelyn. It was the six-week postpartum visit. Evelyn and I headed over and just as the nurse was about to take my blood pressure, Evelyn got fussy. So the nurse took her - with my permission of course - and the nurses and office workers passed her around and held her, keeping her happy while I had my appointment. They had fun seeing one of “their babies” and Evelyn was pampered.
Meanwhile, in the appointment room... My midwife, Sarah, told me that the contingency midwife, Jan, who was on call the weekend Evelyn was born, had said to Sarah as she was recounting her weekend to her that she had had “a lovely birth with a lovely woman...” It’s nice to know someone else thought I had a lovely birth and that the person who assisted me in bringing Evelyn into the world enjoyed her experience, too.



No comments:
Post a Comment