Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, June 12, 2009

Books in Bed

Happy 10th Anniversary, Megan & Peter!

Today I tried something new with Adeline. She’s been going to bed really late since it stays light out here till 9pm or later. So tonight, instead of letting her stay up reading to her I asked her if she wanted to take some books to bed with her. We’ve done this little trick before when she’s had trouble napping and I just want her to at least have some quiet time in her room. Eventually she would end up falling asleep.

Well, I made the suggestion and I couldn’t believe how quickly this kid moved! She quickly selected three books from her shelf, ran down the hall to her room, tossed the books, Doug and blankie up into her crib, and then tried to climb in by herself! We didn’t do any of our usual night-night routine. She just couldn’t wait to get into bed. I heard her “reading” to herself for a little while and eventually it was quiet and she was sound asleep. I like this game :).

No comments: