Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Sentences!

Adeline speaks in so many sentences these days. And if she's not speaking in a sentence in the proper sense, you can always tell what she's talking about when she gives you a series of words. For instance...

"walk...step...park...bird...sky...whee!...doggie...woof! woof!...good boy...squirrel...bye bye park!"

Translation: Daddy and I took a walk to the park (had to go down the front steps when we left the house). I saw birds in the sky. At the park I went down the slide - whee! We saw a doggie who was being a good boy and we saw some squirrels and then we left.


"go go...vroom vroom...car...shopping...cart...push"

Translation: Mommie and I went in the car to go shopping. I sat in the cart while Mommie pushed.


"movie...watch...blankie...Doug...cozy...couch..."mote"...Pooh"

Translation: I want to sit on the couch and get cozy with my blankie and Doug and watch a movie, namely "Winnie the Pooh". ("mote" = remote, for added emphasis :)


And finally, Adeline's first full length, makes perfect sense sentence:

"I go potty like a big girl!"

Yes we're working on the potty training thing. She does enjoy her little seat and has gone potty a few times, but I think more by accident - she happened to go while she was sitting there. We ask her if she wants to sit on the potty when we can tell she needs to go #2, but she hasn't agreed to that just yet. We'll keep working on it :).

1 comment:

The Paine Family said...

Great translations! Adeline could not be cutter and it seems like you guys are really enjoying her.