Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, April 3, 2009

Sickies :(

Not a whole lot going on this week, other than that Adeline and I are both sickies :(.

Amma came over for a visit on Monday and we went out to lunch and fooled around for a while. That night whatever this bug is - cold, flu, something - hit me like a ton of bricks. Adeline had had a mild fever for a couple days that we had brought down with drugs so we didn't think much of it. She seemed to continue to do okay until the last 24 hours or so. Her fever spiked twice and could only temporarily be relieved with some Motrin. As I type this Alan has her at the doctor's office. Hopefully they'll diagnose something and give her drugs to take. The last couple times we've been to the doctor for her she's been so sick - fever, aches, lethargy, runny/stuffy nose and coughing - they've basically just told us to wait it out, which I found more than mildly irritating. Not that I want her to have an ear infection or something dreadful, it would just be nice to know that all of this is not meaningless.

As for me, the achiness in my whole body but especially my joints rendered me useless on Tuesday. At my midwife appointment that morning she did take a strep culture just to check, but we were both pretty sure that wasn't it. But being to close to my due date we need to get me on drugs to get rid of whatever this is if necessary. They also took my temp - 99.9. They really don't like you to be feverish when you're pregnant, so I'm on a steady diet of Extra Strength Tylenol to keep the fever at bay. I'm pretty confident as of today it is gone. The last two days have been absolute misery - I seriously cannot remember the last time I was this sick. My mom came over yesterday (with her friend Cathie who's in town from CA) to help take care of Adeline and me so Alan could actually get some work done this week. This morning seems to have brought a little relief, but I'm still quite sick. I'm now going in for my regular pregnancy check-ups weekly till the end, and this coming week a midwife was not available so I'll be seeing an OB. If she's still concerned about how sick I am then I will seek out a primary care provider (don't have one yet because I haven't needed one, being pregnant and all!) and see what they say.

Once this latest series of illnesses pass in the Conrow household we are sanitizing EVERYTHING! No stuffed animal will go unwashed and no toothbrush from this period of time will remain. It is very important we get all signs of sickness out of this house before Pink Floyd comes, because I do not want a sick newborn.

Anywho, despite my being sick the midwife did say that the baby is still doing quite well. Her heart rate was a little elevated which apparently is not uncommon when Mom is sick, but it is still well within the "normal" range, so no need to worry there. Pray for healing and continued wellness, and pray that the fever is indeed gone. Also pray that I don't have to end up on any antibiotics or anything, because I have such severe reactions to most of them I'm worried what a doctor will feel like putting me on to get me well even though I'm preggers. There seem to be a few in category B that I could take if necessary, but I really don't want to.

So that's the current news from the Conrow household. Hopefully there will be more, and better, news soon.

Much love,
Meredith


**5 minutes later... Adeline and Alan just returned from the doctor. Adeline has a double ear infection. She's never had one before, and of course the first time she gets one it's not one, it's two! Pray for her little body that she heals and feels better soon.

1 comment:

The Schmidts said...

You poor thing--being sick and pregnant is not fun at all. I got sick at 36 weeks right after Mike and Jen's rehearsal dinner--remember? Anyway, feel better and rest. I'm glad you know at least what is from with Adeline. -Rhiannon