Adeline and I had a play date with our friends Hannah and Kara today (Hannah is Adeline's friend, Kara is mine ;-). At the last minute we decided to head over to the outlet mall to check it out because I had never been there. We were very good ;-), and only went into Motherhood Maternity to look for an Easter dress for me and then over to Carter's to drool over all the unbelievably adorable children's clothes. The trip was a success! I got a very cute skirt and top to wear for Easter, and the Motherhood free gift bag always has great stuff in it so I scored in that department too :).
I was very good in Carter's and only wished I could own every last thing in the store for my girls :). Kara and I focused on the fact that we're going to a Mom2Mom sale on Saturday and we're sure to find good bargains there!
After that we went to McD's for a little lunch. Adeline didn't eat much but did manage to spill milk all down the front of her. She was a little stunned for a moment... then she felt herself sitting in cold milk and got really upset :(. Thankfully Mommie always carries an extra onesie around! Unfortunately I didn't have any spare pants, though. She was pant-less on the drive home to Hannah's house, but Hannah was nice enough to lend her some pants for the ride home :). All in all it could have been much worse - she had at least downed more than half the milk in the container before spilling the rest on herself.
And finally - as an update - I officially achieved stain-fighting success. After the stained clothes finished soaking I washed them in a regular cycle with "free" detergent and then gave them an extra rinse just to make sure there was no residue. When I pulled them out of the dryer they were good as new - no signs of any stains, and there were some really bad ones in there. There was one little bib that I remember never really being able to get clean once it was used with prunes... it never really smelled quite right either. Come to think of it I really don't know why I kept it. Anyway, even that one looks brand new now too. And it got the makeup/sweat stains out of my white Red Sox hat too after soaking for only a couple of hours. I swear by this stuff now. As Adeline would say, "Yay, Oxyclean!" (we cheer for everything around here :).
To top off this successful day Adeline has been napping for over two hours now and I haven't heard a peep from her. Ah the blessings of me time.
By the way, if I'm not on the ball enough to get a maternity pic up on the blog before Easter, I guarantee we will be doing some sort of family pic that day and one of my belly will be unavoidable. So don't worry. I may be 37 weeks prego by the time I finally get around to posting a pic, but it will come!! And I definitely look different from the way I looked with Adeline. I think I'm carrying higher than I did with her because I have a little belly "shelf" that I never had with Adeline. It makes me feel very huge!!
Hopefully more soon! :)
Love from Meredith for The Conrows
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
We made the Conrow blog!! Hannah and I had a lot of fun getting to know you and Adeline better today. We hope to have many, many more play dates....hopefully without any more milk accidents. Thanks for spending time with us!
Post a Comment