Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Shopping!

Well, this time we didn't actually buy anything, but the second I pulled the car into the mall parking lot this morning (you couldn't actually see the building yet...) Adeline said, "Shopping!" We've been to this mall maybe half a dozen times and it's not somewhere we regularly go, so I thought that was really funny :). The word "push" was out of her mouth moments later. She likes carts and strollers.

We had a fun time just moseying around the mall. We didn't actually shop for anything. It's just an overcast sort of rainy day (well, it was this morning) so I thought Adeline could use a different place to run around. We had a snack and she pushed the stroller all over. We visited our favorite place to get changed, the Lord & Taylor restroom. Seriously moms, if you change your kiddo anywhere else in 12 Oaks Mall you're crazy... L&T's is so nice! Adeline loves it. And of course we had to glance through the tiny baby things. So cute!

It was just as good for me to get out and about and walking around as it was for Adeline. I've been informed that half my family (well, okay, not half - but several CA family members we don't often see) will be coming out the first week of May and I'm supposed to have a baby to show them by then ;-). Pray pray pray! That's not the only reason I'd love to have this kiddo come early, but it definitely makes me wish for it quite a bit. Don't worry. I'm sensible enough to know that she'll come when she's ready - when God wants her to - and till then we will just wait with great anticipation :). But I do hope her Great Grandma Jo, her Papa, and her Great Uncle Jim will all be able to see her brand new.

Anywho, after the mall we went to the library and got some new VeggieTales movies to watch. We've just about gone through their whole collection, so I think we might be starting over. I'm thinking I may want to actually invest in having some of the VT DVD's at home because they're nice and short and Adeline loves them. If anyone wants to send Adeline some VeggieTales, we would receive them gladly (even old VHSes!) :).

Now in the quiet of nap time I'm going to continue reading through Jane Austen's novels. Mansfield Park is commanding my attention at the moment.

More soon.

1 comment:

The Schmidts said...

I have a brand new unopened extra copy of VT 'The Star of Christmas" that I will send you if you don't already have it. Let me know. Love Rhiannon