Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The Lastest and Cincinnati

Sorry for the lack of posting. I've been trying to take naps in the afternoon during Adeline's nap and it's been good - even if I only end up getting about 10-20 minutes (today I got an hour :). I'm taking my iron, too, and just trying to be better about eating more in general and I think all of this combined is helping my energy level. I'm going to need it. I can't believe I'm going to be a stay-at-home mom to a 2 year old and a newborn. What am I thinking??? :)

The most recent news is that Adeline is once again sick. Today is the second day of another high fever, terrible coughing and an incessant runny nose. I can tell her throat hurts, too. All signs point to strep once again, although I'm a little concerned that it might be more than that -- strep + ear or sinus infection. I'm going to call the doctor first thing tomorrow morning to see if I can get her in for a visit.

In other news, we visited the Alternative Birthing Center in Southfield last Friday and have to say we were kind of disappointed. Long story short is that we will now be birthing at a nearby hospital instead of at the ABC. Although I am not guaranteed being able to birth with a midwife at this particular hospital, I'm going to take my chances. Southfield is just too far away.

Anywho, I haven't posted since we took a family trip down to Cincinnati to visit our friends Nathan, Johanna and William. Here are some pictures from our visit:

Adeline has become quite the good traveler!


Views of downtown Cincinnati from in front of the Children's Museum:

At the Children's Museum Adeline was so adventurous! I was so proud of her for going all the way through this tunnel/net which was probably about 10 feet above the ground!
There's a really nifty ball pit that William loves to play in and he showed Adeline all the neat things to do in there:


On Saturday when we planned to leave we found ourselves returning to our friends' house to get cleaned up after Adeline's lunch didn't agree with her. She was so sad that she got Doug so dirty :(. William let Adeline borrow some of his clothes while we did some laundry and prepared to leave - for the second time :).


Where's Adeline?

There she is!! :)

And finally, Daddy has been teaching Adeline all sorts of new things lately. Such as...

How to play Wii...


And how to clean up after myself... :)

2 comments:

Laura Liskey said...

So cute! I love the vaccumm..she so tidy:)

The Wrights said...

Thanks for traveling down to visit! Adeline looks so cute in William's sweater....but then again she always looks cute :)