Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Update from Adeline

As I was preparing to type I decided to go crazy on the keyboard and now there is no more "a" key... Mommie says that should make it fun trying to update the blog from now on!! Oh well. Now it just matches the "u" key :).

Anyway, as you may know we are back from California. We got in Tuesday night and were home about midnight. I was so tired and must have still been on west coast time because I slept in till 9am on Wednesday! Then I napped for about 30 minutes in the morning, and about 45 minutes in the afternoon. I looked so tired that Mommie put me down for the night at my usual bedtime - 6:30ish - but I was wide awake and kicking just an hour later! I finally went to bed for the night at 10pm and slept till 10:00 this morning. While Mommie says it was nice that she and Daddy got to sleep in for a change, she doesn't like this whole staying on west coast time thing. I guess I'll have to work on that.

Anywho, I think Mommie left off on Sunday morning when we were still at Grandma Jo's. After I woke up from my nap we headed down to Grandmother & Pa's for the Fantasy Football draft and to play and swim. Daddy drafted while Mommie and I played and swam really :). I went in the pool for the first time and wasn't quite sure what to think about it. But I sure did look really cute in my little tankini that Amma gave me for my birthday! Here is a picture of Amma's side of the family. From left to right, top to bottom: Daddy, me, Mommie, Papa, Amma, Aunt Kathy and Uncle Brian, Grandmother and Pa, Uncle Rob, Aunt Megan, my cousins Abby, Sophie and Amy and my first cousin once removed Garrett. Our family friend Denise took this second picture of us after being out in the sun and swimming all day. I don't think my cuteness wanes a bit after a full day, do you?? :)

On Monday, our last day in California, Mommie and Daddy tried to keep me on a normal schedule so I'd be well-rested for the airplane ride home on Tuesday. So while I was napping they had a lot of fun playing Papa's Wii. Daddy was sore for 2 days! That evening we had a family gathering for Grandma Jo's birthday which was Tuesday. I went o bed early :).

Tuesday was the flight home and it was a long day but overall I did okay. I was pretty happy to sleep in my own bed that night. Now I'm still working on adjusting to being home.

Mommie will post more pictures and some videos sometime soon. For now, I think we both need a nap :).

No comments: