Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

BPA Update

The FDA recently came out with yet another study that BPA has been ruled safe. An article about it can be read here. The report can be read here. At the bottom of that page you can also find more details about what BPA is and some other articles. Anti-BPA activists and concerned parents alike are questioning the study based on the argument that the experts on whose word and studies the FDA and the ACC based their report are biased towards the chemical and therefore might argue it as safe even if it isn't. They are calling for other experts to be consulted. Experts they argue are objective about BPA.

Personally I'm done being worried about it. I have taken steps to make sure that I don't use BPA bottles for future children just in case - plus I just think glass baby bottles are kind of cool :). But for those of you who might be wanting or looking for more info, I hope this helps.

No comments: