Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, August 7, 2009

Party Prep, Jake the Dog, & Festivities

Today Evelyn and I went to the church where my grandparents' 60th wedding anniversary celebration will be tomorrow. My sister and I were in charge of making 9 batches of lemon bars and helping to set up the room. Unfortunately, due to the busyness of the day, I neglected to take any pictures. I do know, however, that some pictures from the day do exist, so I'll post some when they appear elsewhere :).

While I was party prepping and rehearsing for tomorrow, Adeline and Alan met Aunt Laura, Uncle Patrick and Jake the Dog at a park over near where they live. They had a fun day running around and hanging out with one another. We just don't get to see each other often enough!

This evening my grandparents hosted a party at their home for the extended family and any out of town guests in town for tomorrow's celebration. It was very fun to reconnect with family and family friends, as well as meet some of my grandparents' oldest friends that I had not yet had the privilege of getting to know.

We turned in fairly early. Big day tomorrow!!

No comments: