Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Happy 60th John & Katherine!

Today was the big day! And once again, I don't have any pictures of it... but again I know they exist and they will appear here as soon as I can get my hands on them!

Today was the whole reason our little family traveled to Southern California this summer - to celebrate my grandparents and their life together - 60 wonderful years. The room was beautiful, the food delicious, the friends and family joyful. My mom, sister, brother, cousin and I all sang together and my Great Uncle Jimmy made us all laugh and played a little on his trumpet. Grandmother recalled the crazy events surrounding their wedding (including but not limited to the minister dying shortly before the wedding was to take place and two of the groomsmen getting into a pretty bad car accident the day before...). Pa recalled his memories of the wedding (he actually skipped right to the honeymoon! :) And the lemon bars were spectacular, if I do say so myself :).

We had the opportunity to take some beautiful family portraits. I can't wait to share them with you all when we receive them. In the meantime here's a proof of our favorite of just our family.


After all of the festivities were done I was able to take some time out to spend with my sister and a friend, Chrissy, and her new baby boy Jack. I took Evelyn with me too. It was a short time over chili fries and tacos at Islands in Irvine (the old stomping grounds!), but we very much enjoyed hanging out for some time, and Megan and I even ran into two families from our home church :).

No comments: