Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, May 8, 2009

Evelyn's Life So Far :)

For a 5-day-old Evelyn has already had quite the adventurous little life! Her first outing was to the pediatrician on Wednesday. Everything looks great and she goes back in two weeks!

After that Alan brought Evelyn and me over to Holland to spend a few days and the Mother's Day weekend with family. He will join up with us over here after church on Sunday and we'll head back home together - as a family of four for the first time!

In the meantime we've had lots of visitors out here. My Uncle Jim, cousin Kjersten and Grandma Jo were out here this week from California. We had a nice time together. They left this morning and my other grandparents come in tonight from California for the Mother's Day weekend. Evelyn made her debut just in time so everyone could meet her!

Wednesday night we all went out to dinner at the Crazy Horse. Evelyn's first visit to a restaurant. I was hoping she would sleep - she didn't. But bright-eyed as she was she was very good.

Yesterday was Evelyn's first of many visits to The Happiest Place on Earth (aka Target). Adeline rode in the cart with Amma pushing her and Evelyn rode snuggy with me in the sling (thanks Sarah!!).

Today we went to Home Depot and Meijer for some errands. Like I said, for 5 days old, this kid has been everywhere!

She's sleeping fairly well. She generally sleeps in four-hour stretches at night which gives me about 3 hours at a time. During the day I'll wake her up after 3 hours so she doesn't get too used to just snoozing all the time! Feeding is going well, although she is quite the little snacker. Not big on full meals yet :).

Adeline is adjusting to life as a big sister. It's amazing to me that last week she was a baby and this week she's a big kid - or it seems that way anyway! She loves her little sister and gets sad for her when she cries. She loves to help change her diaper by throwing the dirty diaper away and is very good at reminding me who Evelyn is by pointing at her and saying quite enthusiastically, "It's Evelyn!!" It's hard for me right now while I continue to recover from the birth that I cannot pick her up for another 10 days or so. We cuddle on the couch and I hug her over the edge of her pack-n-play to say goodnight, but I really miss tossing her around a little and tickling and wrestling. It will all come back in good time. She has been a real trooper through all of this crazy transition. I'm so thankful that my mom lives close enough that Adeline really knows and loves her Amma and her house is like a second home (thanks to hyperemesis!).

I'm very much looking forward to the weekend with my Grandmother and Pa, our celebration of Mother's Day and seeing Alan again after several days apart.

Sorry this post doesn't have any pictures. You'll have to wait till next week when I get home and can download them onto our computer :). More soon.

No comments: