Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Surprise Ultrasound

Yesterday at my midwife appointment I got to see our baby girl again. Sarah (the midwife) didn't feel 100% confident by feeling my belly that Pink Floyd was still head down. Apparently recently they've had several babies decide to turn in the final weeks of pregnancy so they're on high alert for breeches! That combined with my telling her that this last week I felt a HUGE thump! in my belly that felt like the baby could have done a complete somersault I think made her a little wary. Pink Floyd is indeed still head down, and we didn't get a look at her face at all which is a good thing because it means she's not in the least bit posterior. Hurray! She's positioned - now she just needs to come down! It's funny to see an ultrasound this late in the game because you're used to seeing an entire baby body on the screen because she's so tiny at the standard 18 week visit. But when she's a full-size kiddo all you can see is her head taking up the whole screen! Sarah moved the wand all over my big belly just so we could take a look at her. I saw her spine and rib cage, and her precious little heart beating. She looks like a baby! :) I can't wait to meet her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yay!!! You are all set to go! So very exciting!!! You'll do great! Can't wait to meet her and know her name...although I think that you should incorporate "Pink Floyd" into her name somehow!!!
missing you all! XO LYNS