I thought I might sit down and try to list all the words Adeline can say. Since we've been living with my mom her vocabulary has definitely expanded. I love to hear her little voice. I keep waiting for the first sentence, but she hasn't quite been able to put a couple words together yet. I keep hoping for "Hi Daddy" since we say that one a lot on the phone :). Her attempts at "I love you" have mostly been extended babble. Mostly when she hears someone else say I love you she starts giving kisses :). Too cute!!
Without any further ado, here we go:
"Uh-oh"
"Mommie"
"Daddy"
"Papa"
"Hi!"
"Nigh-night"
"Cheese"
"Toes" (she says "toht" - not to be confused with "tot", the German word for dead!)
"Stretch"
"Cookie"
"Trash"
"Up"
"Off"
"No"
"Hush" (Goodnight Moon)
"Squirrel" (kinda comes out like "qor")
"Yum"
"Doug" (her lovey)
"Shoe"
"Doggie" (still "goggie" - and actually most animals are "goggies")
"Trojans" (fight on!)
"Domino" (she loves playing with Amma's domino set)
And we're getting really close with "I love you" and "Amma". For a while she was saying "mom" and it was decidedly different from "Mommie" referring to me of course so we thought that was Amma - but she's since stopped doing that.
She also says "Howie" on a pretty regular basis but we have yet to have any clue what that means. And there's one "phrase", for lack of a better word, that she says all the time that's so nonsensical to my ears that I can't even type it and I've yet to figure that one out too.
I feel like she has more words than this but I can't think of them at the moment. I'll add to the list as I remember more.
Dr. Bochman at Adeline's 15-month check-up said that between 15 and 18 months her vocabulary would explode going from the half dozen or so words she knew then to about 50. I think we're on our way! She chats all the time. I wish I knew what she was saying :).
Precious Adeline, I am so delighted by you. Thanks for being the most adorable little girl ever :).
Love,
Mommie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Yay for new words!
...and I liked the dress!
I loved reading your Adeline update because Lillian says and does a lot of those same things! Now that you are in town and starting to feel better we really have to get these girls (and us!) together for a playdate!
Of course "cheese" is on the list. After all she is your kid.
Post a Comment