I've just spent a lovely morning with Evelyn.
Because of some things going on this afternoon I decided to stay home from church this morning with Evelyn so she could get a real nap in. We said good-bye to Daddy and Adeline and started to go about our day. I got Evelyn changed, and I would swear she went out of her way to say "Da-dee" - she even said it a couple of times! We'll see if it sticks, in which case I think it could definitely qualify as her first word (I don't count "mama" and "dada" even though she knows what she's talking about).
We sat down in the living room to play. She went right over to the cabinet that holds all of Adeline and Evelyn's books and pulled one out. A Little Golden Book, "The Little Red Hen." She crawled all the way back across the room, dragging the book with her hand, stood up at the coffee table so she was eye to eye with me (I was sitting on the floor) and held the book up with her eyebrows raised and said, "Uh! Uh!" (I think that means "read" ;-). We read it. She LOVES to turn pages and thinks it is the most wonderful thing in the world. She got so excited to turn the page and she does it very well. We finished the book, I closed it and said, "All done!", to which she replied her hand motion for "all done" (bring hands together then fling them wide open). She then grabbed it again and bonked me in the head with it several times, repeating "Uh! Uh!" We ended up reading the book three times. She wouldn't let me get a new one :).
It was very nice to spend this little bit of time with Evelyn and get to know her a little bit better. I just don't get much time alone with her. I think she liked cuddling with her mommy, too :).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment