Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Quick trip to Holland!

The girls and I headed over to Holland for a little 24-hour trip this weekend. Megan, Peter, Amy, Sophie and Abby were coming to town for a surprise birthday party for Peter's mom. (Thanks to flight delays they didn't make it in time for the party, unfortunately, but they still were able to spend time with the DeYoungs.) They took a couple hours out of their Saturday morning to come over and play for a while. We went shopping at Old Navy where Aunt Megan bought Adeline a whole bunch of much needed t-shirts... and they are super cute! Evelyn got a couple of pairs of pants. Then we all went out to lunch together at Panera. 3 Adults. 5 Kids. 3 Cars. It was crazy, but fun :).

We headed back to Amma's house (she's not there - she's in Bhutan!) and I got Adeline and Evelyn all dressed up in the Easter dresses Great Grandmother Katherine sent. I was dying to get some 11-month photos of Evelyn before she turned 12 months! ;-) Aunt Megan had her extra spiffy nice camera with her so we took the pictures outside amongst Amma's tulips and they turned out beautifully! As soon as Megan uploads them I will share. It was very windy, and not a little bit chilly, but it was quite sunny and we got some great shots of both girls - together and separate. As well as a couple with the cousins, too.

It was a fun, albeit brief visit. The next time we see them will likely be Christmas this year, and they will have another family member - or two! The whole family leaves for Zambia in about 6 weeks where they will stay for 3 months (Megan will stay for 4 months). Very exciting!

Pictures will follow soon - I promise!! :)

No comments: