I just wanted to say hello to let you all out there know that we're still alive since it's been so long. Adeline and I are living in Holland (MI) with my mom right now while Alan is at home in South Lyon. We don't know how long we'll be here. The sickness with this pregnancy is significantly worse than with Adeline. At this point (12 1/2 wks) with Adeline I wasn't throwing up everyday and could eat lots of normal things, even go out and about on a regular basis. This time a good day is if I throw up fewer than 3-4 times (today's not been a good day) and can keep anything besides some cream of wheat and some juice down. Between my first two appointments (3 weeks) I had lost 6 lbs... not too bad. Then in one more week I went down 7 more lbs. for a total of -13 this pregnancy so far, and I actually don't even know what my real pre-pregnancy weight was. My guess is I've lost a couple more this last week since my appointment on the 22nd, but I haven't gotten on the scale so I'm not sure. I just know I'm weak and when I wrap my thumb and pinkie finger around my wrist they overlap.
Many of you have said you are praying for us. I thought I'd let you know some specifics you can be praying for:
- Healing. I need to be well. I am so sick with no end in sight and I simply want to be able to do things like hold my daughter.
- Adeline. She has been doing well, but I know this is hard on her. She only gets to see Daddy once a week, if that, and Mommie can't hold her, sing to her, put her to bed or anything. It's hard on all of us, but one-year-olds don't exactly know how to cope.
- Alan. It's difficult having Adeline and me away with no one to come home to or take care of.
- My mom. She's been Super Amma these few weeks and it's exhausting!
That's all I've got in me for now. Hopefully there will be more soon.
Blessings,
Meredith
5 comments:
Oh Meredith...
I am praying...
YOU WILL GET THROUGH THIS! You will!
Thanks for the update Meredith. I can feel your pain. This too shall pass. We are praying for your family.
Oh my goodness..I had no idea it was so bad:( I will definatly be praying for you! It will all be worth it in the end. Maybe since the sickness is worse this time, it means its a boy:)
Oh Meredith. :( I'm impressed that you made it to the computer at all. We'll continue to pray for you guys. --Rhiannon
You guys are totally in our prayers! Feel better!
Post a Comment