Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, July 7, 2008

Update from Adeline

Hi!

I'm sorry it's been so long since I've posted. I've been so busy! I walk around all the time, laugh a lot, feed my Daddy Cheerios, drink lots of milk and some juice, sit facing forward in the car, get into everything I can get my hands on, and I say a few words! Sunday, June 29th I officially made my favorite sound "gah-gee" while talking to doggies, so Mom and Dad finally figured out that I'm saying "Doggie"!! So apparently that was my official first word. When Mommie asks me what a cow says I say, "Mmmmmmmmmoo." I've been saying "uh-oh" for a while now. I say "no", although Mommie and Daddy aren't too thrilled about that one. I'm trying to tell them I'm just expressing myself! When I'm eating I'll hold my food over the edge of my tray and pretend I'm going to drop it like I know I shouldn't. I look over at Mom to see what she does and then I shake my head "no" just like she does. Then I take the food and quickly put it in my mouth. I'm such a tease! I also dance and clap a lot. Whenever I hear music - even the organ at church - I start bouncing up and down, bobbing my head to the music and clapping. Thanks, Aunt Megan, Uncle Peter, Amy, Sophie and Abby for my "Learnin' and Groovin'" birthday gift. I'm learning so much about all different kinds of music - and I've even learned to read! ("Is all of that true?" - "Well, yes, everything except the reading part." - Mommie says that's from a movie. Can you guess which one???)

I can't wait to come to California in a few weeks and see so much of my family. You'll be amazed at all I can do! And Mommie says she's looking forward to taking me swimming, whatever that is. She says it's a lot like a really big, kind of chilly bathtub!

Well I should go. Time for bed!

Kisses,
Adeline

2 comments:

Laura Liskey said...

I can't wait to see you! ...have you figured out the picture thing yet? I think that should be your next 'new thing' you learn:)

Megan said...

Wayne's World :).