Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, July 21, 2008

Bottles

So when I was registering at BRU for baby stuff galore I put Avent baby bottles on my list. Mind you I have been waiting years knowing I wanted those bottles for my babies because, honestly, I liked the way they looked, and I knew they were high-quality. Well, my first exposure to the BPA controversy wasn't until about, oh, I don't know, maybe 3-5 weeks into little Adeline's life when I'd already opened all of my packages of bottles, washed them and prepped them for Adeline's use. I thought, "Well, things are still uncertain, and if it really was that dangerous they wouldn't be on the market, right?" I even emailed Steve somebody-or-another who is the head of the BPA-producing world (sorry for the terrible explanation there...) and even got a personal email back from him. (I was amazed when I learned who this BPA Big Wig was given that he personally responded to my specific questions in my email. It turns out he's the one who's quoted in the all the reports and magazine articles on this stuff.)

Anywho, I ended up using Avent bottles for the majority of Adeline's liquid diet praying daily that it wasn't harming my little girl. Once she was done bottle-feeding, I bagged up the Avents and they've just been sitting around. I didn't really know why I was hanging onto them UNTIL...

Yesterday at church my friend Sarah told me that Babies-R-Us is doing a bottle exchange right now. You can take in any and all of your BPA bottles - as long as you have all the pieces - and exchange them straight up for BRAND NEW BPA-free bottles. This includes Dr. Brown's and Born Free glass bottles as well as Born Free BPA-free plastic bottles. They basically give you a credit for your used bottles as though they were brand new and you have that much money to pick out the BPA-free bottles of your choice.

I was really wanting to do glass bottles for baby #2 (which, in case anyone is wondering, is not on the way and we don't know when he/she will be) so I was able to pick up 3 2-packs of Dr. Brown's 7 oz. glass baby bottles for FREE!! I was really excited about that. Obviously that's not enough bottles so I will eventually need more and I'm really interested in the new wee-go glass bottles - the down side is that they're $18 a piece... So I think I'll start saving my pennies :).

I just thought I'd share this great thing. So if you have any BPA bottles (Dr. Brown's, Avent, there might be others) gather them together and head to Babies-R-Us!!

1 comment:

Mrs. DuPuis said...

Neat! Thanks for sharing! I tried looking on Babies R Us website and couldn't find any information about the bottle exchange. Do you know how long it is going on or if it is nationwide?