Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, June 3, 2011

"Figgy" Conrow

Now that I'm feeling a little better I'm going to try to update the blog more faithfully.  I'm hoping to feel exceptionally better in the next few weeks, but marginally better will have to do for now.

Two weeks ago our baby was the size of a fig, so we dubbed him/her "Figgy".  Adeline was "Kumquat", Evelyn was "Floyd" and then "Pink Floyd" once we found out she was a girl, so I definitely needed something creative for #3.  This will also help us keep the name a secret if and when we have one before he/she arrives.

I had a midwife appointment this morning.  I'm at 13 weeks and I've only lost about 4 pounds thus far -- different from the other two pregnancies where I lost 15 pounds in the first 6 weeks.  My blood pressure continues to be low, but that's no surprise.  I heard Figgy's heartbeat for the first time today.  I was able to see it on the ultrasound monitor at 9 weeks, but today I heard it.  That sound never gets any less amazing to me.  She put the wand on my belly and we listened.  At first I couldn't hear it and it sounded really slow.  I said that to Sarah, the midwife, and she said that was my heartbeat.  Then Figgy's heart came through loud and clear, but I could still hear the undertones of my own.  There was something truly awesome about the mingling of my heartbeat with my tiny baby's.  What a miracle life is!  I love you so much Figgy and I haven't even met you yet.

I go back in 4 weeks for another regular appointment and two weeks later, on July 13th, we have our ultrasound and will find out the gender.  Feel free to venture a guess in the gender poll on the right sidebar!

Thanks for being faithful readers even though I'm not a faithful writer!  Hopefully more soon =).

2 comments:

Wyndi said...

So, I voted Storm....just because that is HILARIOUS. You crack me up.
Anyway, I really think Boy. :)
Just so we can match...2 girls and boy.
Love you guys!

The Schmidts said...

I wanted to vote Storm, but I voted girl. Sorry, but I think you guys are destined to be like us. :) Rhiannon