Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, October 9, 2009

Update (mostly Evelyn)

Sorry it's been a while. Our computer died (not sure if it's the cord, battery, or what) so I haven't been downloading pix or thinking much about the blog.

Basically the only update right now is Evelyn's doctor's appointment this morning. She gained 1 lb 3 oz this month, which I was excited about till the nurse told me that's now off the chart :(. The doctor, however, didn't seem terribly concerned. We're upping her cereal intake to three times a day as well as giving her as many fruits and veggies as she'll eat. We basically think she's a bottomless pit with a very high metabolism. Once I told her about Alan's childhood (really all the way into college!) and how skinny he was no matter what he ate, she really is chalking it mostly up to genetics I think. She would, however, like to see Evelyn still basically parallel the bottom chart line. She didn't tell me the plan if her numbers fall lower, but I imagine it will start with blood tests at the very least to make sure all is functioning properly and possibly supplementing with formula.

New milestone: Evelyn sat unsupported this morning!! Wobbly, and fell over pretty quickly, but there was definitely some sitting up all on her own. We're going to keep practicing and hopefully take some pictures soon.

This Sunday, October 11th, Evelyn will be baptized. I'm going to take pictures of her in her gown and those will serve as her 5 month shots. Amma and Papa are going to be able to make it over for the day so we're looking forward to seeing them and celebrating Evelyn's baptism with them.

As of yesterday it seems Adeline is no longer a fan of napping.... This does not bode well for me. I really love and need the "me time" I get most afternoons and really have no idea what I'm going to do with myself if the nap phase of her life is over. Pray for me in this!

In other news, later this month the fam will travel to Cincinnati. Alan has a conference there so we decided we'd take the whole fam and spend some time with our dear friends Nathan, Johanna and William. Hooray!

That's all for now. Will try to be better with more updates and some pix soon. I've been taking pictures, just not posting them. I'll put some up soon.

Love to all,
Meredith

No comments: