Today Evelyn was baptized. Obviously Alan and I could not take any pictures, but my mom did take a few. To maintain the sacredness of the sacrament there is no flash photography in church, so mom says they turned out kind of fuzzy, but I hope to get them from her soon and post them here anyway. This week I plan to take some pictures of Evelyn in the baptism gown and will post those as well.
The baptism itself was beautiful. Evelyn was so good, too. She had no trouble with the water at all and was happy as a little clam when Pastor Dave walked her up and down the church aisles so the congregation could see her. After the actual sacrament I sang "O God You Search Me" by Bernadette Farrell, a modern hymn based on Psalm 139. To top off how special the day was the opening hymn of the service was "Love Divine All Loves Excelling" which was sung at our wedding. It was a very special morning.
Afterward Amma and Papa took us out to lunch. It was nice to spend time with them because it had seemed like forever since the last time we were all together.
Pictures soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment