Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Potty Break

Normally we use this phrase to encourage Adeline to take a break from what she's doing to go potty. (We made up a catchy little tune for it, too, repeating the phrase several times.) Well, today it means a break from the potty instead of for the potty. Over the last week Adeline has been having a lot of accidents and it hasn't been a good experience for anyone involved (she'd been having lots of accidents anyway but I thought we were really making progress). Then last night at small group she had several nasty (#2) accidents in a row... then this morning she just peed all over the bathroom floor... :(. I'm confident that this is more than just regression. All this to say, I'm pretty sure the novelty of the potty that made it exciting in the beginning has now faded, and things have not been going so well. Today we put away the underwear and pulled out the diapers again. I thought she might complain or be sad to feel like a baby again, but nope! She actually seemed a lot happier. I won't lie - I am disappointed that the first take didn't take. But clearly it's just not her time. We'll try again in a couple of months. In the meantime, I'm going to have her keep her diapers, wipes and change of clothes in her little backpack for her to carry around as her diaper bag. I think she'll actually kind of like it :).

Thanks for all the PT advice over the course of our month-long adventure. We'll let you know when we pick things up again.

No comments: