Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, September 29, 2008

The Last 10 Days

Hello there!

Long time, no update, but we've been on the road! We have safely arrived in South Lyon, MI and are staying at the home of some church members until our apartment is available on the first of October. Here's a quick rundown of the last CRAZY! week or so.

Friday, 9/19 - Meredith's last day at work. They threw a mini party with cake. I wish I would have been feeling better so I could have enjoyed it more.

Saturday, 9/20 - Alan's last day at work. He, too, had a little going away shindig and they gave him a beautiful calfskin bible that he had been pining after. Also today my brother, Rob, broke his arm playing football. He was supposed to help us move... so that put us in a bit of a bind, but we're glad he's okay.

Sunday, 9/21 - Our last Sunday at Christ Church. Rob had surgery on his arm today so the three of us visited him in the hospital.

Monday, 9/22 - Meredith's midwife appointment. I found out I was probably about 7 weeks along. They poked and prodded and I had a gazillion vials of blood drawn.

Tuesday, 9/23 - Today was super duper "go" day. Adeline had a doctor's appointment in the morning where she got two shots, but she did well. We learned she's 50% for weight at 22 lbs 5 oz. and 75% for height at 31". She's growing so fast! Afterward Adeline and I ran errands - as many as we could get done before I was about to pass out from exhaustion! We only made it till about noon. The rest of the day was all about packing and moving. Alan took a uhaul truck over to my coworker's house to pick up the things we had stored in his basement. He brought them back and with some help from a friend loaded our ABF trailer. Later in the afternoon another friend came over with a friend of his to help us pack and load. It was craziness. We finished at about 2am.

Wednesday, 9/24 - We got a later start than planned, not leaving South Hamilton till noon, but it was good to say goodbye to the shoebox and Massachusetts. I was so happy I cried :). We drove and drove and drove, stopping every couple of hours so I could snack, Adeline could stretch her little legs and get a diaper change. We arrived at our hotel in New Columbia, PA at about 9:30pm I think and were happy to crash for the night.

Thursday, 9/25 - Earlier start today as we were out of the hotel by about 10am. Not much to share about today because it was just more driving! Out of PA and into OH, we arrived in Cincinnati at the Wrights' at about 7pm.

Friday, 9/26 - Today was kind of a rough day for me, sickness-wise. We all got a pretty late and lazy start though. Johanna and I stayed at home with the kids resting for a few hours in the middle of the day while Nathan and Alan went over to Kentucky and also explored Cincinnati a little. When they came back we all went to the zoo for about an hour before they closed.

Saturday, 9/27 - Today we went to the top of the Carew Tower in Cincinnati to look out over the city and across Kentucky even. It was beautiful (except for the smoggy haze... :). Nathan gave us our bearings and told us about various buildings around the city. After that we went to get famous Graeter's ice cream. Then we went over to see the house that the Wrights' just bought. We didn't get to go look inside, but we did drive around the neighborhood quite a bit and it looks like a lovely place to live.

Sunday, 9/28 - Today we went to Covenant-First Presbyterian Church in downtown where Nathan is the Associate Pastor. The church is absolutely gorgeous and the people there are very sweet. It was nice to worship there with them that morning. For most of the rest of the day we rested and waited for Adeline to wake up so we could get going on our drive to South Lyon. We ended up not leaving Cincinnati until 5pm which happened to also be right when the Bengals/Browns game was ending... We were part of the mass exodus from the city after the game, but thankfully the traffic didn't last too long. We arrived in South Lyon at 9:30pm and were happy to have a comfortable place to sleep and make ourselves at home.

So, here we are, Monday, 9/29 - Happy Birthday, Aunt Beckie! There are some errands and things that need to be done for us to get into our apartment on Wednesday but for the most part I think we should be able to relax a little till Wednesday when the rest of the moving process begins.

Hopefully there will be more soon from South Lyon.

With love for The Conrow Family,
Meredith

1 comment:

The Schmidts said...

I'm so happy that you made it and it sounds like you aren't too terribly sick yet.